Cleaning and maintenancetkucharski
UV fly killers
- To maintain maximum effectiveness, tubes should be changed at least every 12 months, preferably at the onset of warmer weather.
- Phillips tubes and Quantum® tubes are recommended, as their effective lifespan is longer than most other tubes, which reduces the amount of maintenance required.
- Use a UV-A Meter to measure the ultra-violet output of tubes, to give you an instant indication of tube effectiveness and their remaining life.
- If the unit requires starters, replace them at the same time that you change the tubes.
Additionally for UV sticky traps
- Use Reflectobakt® sleeves to maintain optimum fly control performance particularly when the glue board and the tubes are placed close together.
- Replace the sticky boards every 2 months to ensure maximum efficacy.
Additionally for EFKs
- Use a grid tester to test the killing grid without shorting the high tension current onto the metal body of the machine, as often happens when using a conventional screwdriver (unless the unit has a high voltage ‘grid-on’ indicator like the Nemesis Quattro line).
- Brush down the killing grid (only when it is turned off!) to remove insect fragments.
- Empty the catch tray frequently.